Sunday, 13 February 2011

It has been too long...

Huh, this has been the longest off the radar time since I started this blog. Yes, it's getting harder to come up with new things. If you have anything you are particularly interested about just let me know. I will be happy to share my experience/opinion.
Anyway, it was a very intense start into the new year. I was working day and night in January to get my work from the last few years written down and sent to a scientific journal for publication. It was a good moment when we submitted the manuscript. Unfortunately it was not good enough so that we got a negative response two days later. Means I'm doing more experiments now and we will try it again in a few weeks... Fingers crossed!
But let's start earlier. Maybe even before the last posts. We did a lot of things that I didn't have time to write about. For example gingerbread house/cigar night with Elena and Nan. It was a stereotype gender thing. Girls building houses, while the guys were smoking Cohibas and drinking Whiskey.

Winter is still the best season in San Diego. Never really cold and occasionally even as warm as 25°C.


And nothing like a surf on December 24th with our fellow Swiss.


2 comments:

Jipes said...

Holy shit I thought they would accept it dammit I keep my fingers crossed for U Bro ! Kisses to Selina !

Karsten Baumgärtel said...

Looking at the waves breaking in the back, it may have been just a paddle ;-).