Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Jobs

Lots going on already. I enjoyed a quiet break in San Diego, while Selina went home to celebrate Christmas with her family. I interviewed for a scientist position with Takeda just before the end of the year. Interview went very well and they wanted to hire me but... I can't get a visa to work in industry before October 1st. And that is understandably too far away. The next opportunity is on the horizon already though. I'm flying to Boston next week to interview for a senior scientist position with Merck. I'm very curious. The position sounds very interesting. Boston? I have been once and I liked the city. I have finally found another job that I could apply for in Switzerland. Roche in Zurich. I don't have much hope though. Tough business right now! And then you always read in Swiss newspapers that there are not enough scientist... I'm not gonna complain. I do have a job and my boss would be sad to see me leave.
Then a malaria conference in New Orleans the week after I get back from Boston. I'm excited about that. Meeting colleagues in a great city!
That's it, my bus has almost arrived in Pacific Beach. So long cowboys and cowgirls!

1 comment:

jipes said...

Cool, that sounds very positive I hope it will resume soon and that you-ll have a positive answer. Boston has verz good reputation to be a great place to live. When zou-re in New Orleans check teh program Offbeat that-s the weeklz ressource for concerts I-m sure zou-ll find great music in the clubs on Frenchmen street * a bit far awaz from teh French Quarter. DBA and Blue Nile are some of teh best clubs to go

Kisses to Selina and best luck for your interviews

Blog Archive