Monday, 8 July 2013

Critters

While I love our new place, we are not allowed to have pets. I was therefore delighted to find that our neighborhood is full of wildlife. There are not only a ton of birds but also, rabbits, squirrels, skunks and opossums. I set my heart on a pet squirrel and started to put the old bread on the back balcony to show my friendly disposition. Indeed the the bread was gone the next day. So far so good. However, the next day I went into the kitchen and the bread had vanished from our pantry (Vorratskammer). First I thought that we have some mice or rats in the house but then I saw that the window screen was broken and showed some bite marks... The squirrel was not content with getting some bread from me from time to time but took its feeding hours into its own hands/paws. 
Needless to say, I'm not allowed to feed any animals anymore and the window got barred...

2 comments:

kiwi said...

hihi.
selina in boston too?

kiwi said...

dudes?