Saturday, 21 August 2010

Dave Mattthews Band

While Shinji is having fun in Japan with exotic food and famous immunologists, I try to keep myself busy as well. Thanks too the many good friends we have in San Diego I am very well taken care of.
Yesterday evening I went to see Dave Matthews at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in Chula Vista. This is a open air concert place in the shape of an amphitheater (surprise, surprise) and therefore the acoustic was really great and the viewing was good too. It fits about 20'000 people, halve in a seated section and halve above the seated areas on a lawn. We started the concert on the parking lot with some tailgating. This means that you stand around the open trunk (tailgate) of your car and eat and drink. Americans are really good at this and they bring BBQs, coolers and all kind of camping equipment you can think of. It is one of the few occasions you are allowed to drink openly as the parking lots are considered private. Of course it is much cheaper to drink outside than inside so everyone gets toasted before the show.
The show itself was great. Tim Reynolds was touring with them (JP that is only for you). On the way back we stopped at another concert where Christophe (this is the guy who plays with Shinji) was playing the drums in a Punk band. Not as good as DMB but fun too.
They were selling tickets for John Mayer who is playing on Wednesday for 20$ and I was really tempted to go again but seeing a show without Shinji is only half the fun, so I will go to the next concert with him!
No untrue, I am on my way to the Del Mar races (horses) and there is going to be a concert as well. Weezer are playing and they were really popular here but I don't know them. But people tell me that I will know some of their songs. We will see.

3 comments:

Selina said...

I knew 2 songs! The concert was ok but not great. The races on the other hand were fantastic! I got all excited even though I didn't win...

Sheerkhan said...

Nice to read from you as well Selina! Good to hear you are also having fun and not only work once in a while :)
Bring it on! :)

Jipes said...

Sound mighty fine to me Dave Mattews is a great artist and Tim Reynolds as well sounds like a good ticket but 20.000 seats Oh shit this is really America right ;o)

Blog Archive