Thursday, 23 May 2013

The tourist

Still blogging from my lovely hotel room in suburbia. Will move to the new apartment next week. Moving in sounds a little grandiose. I will drop my bags and bicycle and go back to San Diego for the weekend. Organize the move and just hang out.

Bostonians waiting for the subway (called "The T")
It's been more than 3 weeks  I'm here. Now that the most important things are organized I have some time to explore my new home. I met a friend from Switzerland who was here on a business trip. We had really nice French dinner on Boylston St. followed by a funky concert in a tiny club. Wallys I think it was called. JP, you would love it! Last weekend was Japan Festival. Went to check that out. Was not that interesting except for all the food. But the lines were so long that I decided to skip that and instead collect business cards and go to all these places another day. Instead went for afternoon tea or rather lunch at a coworkers place. Not just anywhere but maybe 5 houses down the street from where we will live. Funny coincidence!

Massachusetts coast

Rockport
I also went for a nice drive along the coast north of the city. Really pretty with a lot of incredible houses. Mansions would be the proper description. Ended up in Rockport. Very touristy but had some nice photo opportunities. Work is moving. I still haven't done all the trainings I have to do. But we have started ordering stuff. We basically have to equip a whole lab for close to 50 people, of which 15 are hired and working. Pipettes, fridges, freezers, all the machines, the whole deal! Fortunately, the other departments have been around for a while and help us out with anything we need to get started.
First car trouble. Couldn't start the car last night when I wanted to leave work. Working for a company is great: Just call security and they have the electronic jump start thing. Brought it to the Mazda dealer today and they swapped the battery in 15 minutes, got a $0 bill and was good to go. Nice to drive a certified pre-owned car.
Hasta luego muchachos!
 @ Martin, hoffe das hat für einen Kaffee gereicht :)

Moon over Rockport

And... more Rockport

4 comments:

Sheerkhan said...

Perfekt! ;)
Alles voll Bröösmeli vom Gipfeli...aber tiptop...lueg jo all 2 Daag mol iine, hehe. Vor allem dr blaui Himmel gfallt mir, bi uns rägnets/schneits jo wieder, uffi. Alles Gueti euch witerhin! Liebi Griessli

Jipes Blues said...

Seems that you are already enjoying much more than your primary expectations, it's always good when there some music going on I'm sure you can hang out with some buddies and make a new band !

Looks like a pretty coast how is the ocean on that side ?

Shinji said...

Ocean is really pretty but cold and rather flat. But, I already found some surf buddies :)

Jipes Blues said...

Good your board won't stay long in the garage ;o)

Blog Archive