The waves are good and we enjoy the surf almost every day! But that's not what I want to tell you again. That's rather where it starts. So, yesterday we were at the beach for an afterwork surf, very relaxing by the way, when we saw some interesting things. First, there was a couple walking their rabbit on a leash at the beach and when we arrived at the car on the cliff, there was a man walking his pig there. One of this black ones like George Clooney had one. Welcome to the US and A! I guess the percentage of people with pigs is the same here like in Switzerland, just that you actually see them here. Especially in Southern California, which is a universe on its own.
Very American was also the phone call I just made. We have a crack in the windshield from a stone. So I called the glass repair center. Besides talking about the repair of the damage, we talked about Switzerland, San Diego, orientation sense and so on. 15mins? Probably. If you like small talking, friendly people you should definitely move here! If you prefer the coconut style (hard shell, sweet inside), stay away! Southern Californians do not have a shell. Me personally, I prefer the friendly, you can call it superficial style. In the supermarket I might buy a coconut but I don't want to be served by one. It always makes me think of the bus drivers in my hometown Thun...
Ok, the week is almost over. Tomorrow a last day of hard work, which will end with happy hour at our institute (and there's another one from the postdoc association and another one at LIAI...).
Have a nice weekend!
Very American was also the phone call I just made. We have a crack in the windshield from a stone. So I called the glass repair center. Besides talking about the repair of the damage, we talked about Switzerland, San Diego, orientation sense and so on. 15mins? Probably. If you like small talking, friendly people you should definitely move here! If you prefer the coconut style (hard shell, sweet inside), stay away! Southern Californians do not have a shell. Me personally, I prefer the friendly, you can call it superficial style. In the supermarket I might buy a coconut but I don't want to be served by one. It always makes me think of the bus drivers in my hometown Thun...
Ok, the week is almost over. Tomorrow a last day of hard work, which will end with happy hour at our institute (and there's another one from the postdoc association and another one at LIAI...).
Have a nice weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment