What do you want to know? How it is to ride the flow rider? The artificial wave, also sometimes called the "Swatch Wave"? I cannot tell you. We only got a chance to try the training wave, not the real one. And I have to admit it was actually hard enough. This was the birthday party of our friend Matt. We all went to the Wavehouse in Mission Beach. I was a pussy and only tried the body board. The wipeouts on the surfboards didn't encourage me at this point. We were late and I only got a few rides. It was quite hard to stay on that wave! But was tons of fun! Selina didn't even bring her bikini because she thought we would ride the big and more scary wave. You can see the difference between the training and the real wave in the pictures.
I already wrote about the fellowship, which was probably the biggest news in the past two weeks. I got a cold, which feels wrong in summer especially now that the first person died from swine flu in San Diego (20 year old). And just to give you a perspective on how ridiculous the whole panic in Switzerland is: San Diego County has 275 confirmed cases since the outbreak of H1N1. And there is no sign of panic here. It is in the news but nothing like I read in Swiss newspapers a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, being prepared is probably never a bad choice!
Now to Selina's surfing skills: She's getting better and better! Riding a 5'10 quad fish now. At first the transition from her bigger board was hard but now she is catching and riding waves again! She does actually think that she surfs better when there's animals around. This week it was a seal checking out what we were doing. Selina a WWF member didn't care about wildlife and caught the wave anyway, right in the direction of the seal... was not seen thereafter. But Selina had a great surf session!
I already wrote about the fellowship, which was probably the biggest news in the past two weeks. I got a cold, which feels wrong in summer especially now that the first person died from swine flu in San Diego (20 year old). And just to give you a perspective on how ridiculous the whole panic in Switzerland is: San Diego County has 275 confirmed cases since the outbreak of H1N1. And there is no sign of panic here. It is in the news but nothing like I read in Swiss newspapers a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, being prepared is probably never a bad choice!
Now to Selina's surfing skills: She's getting better and better! Riding a 5'10 quad fish now. At first the transition from her bigger board was hard but now she is catching and riding waves again! She does actually think that she surfs better when there's animals around. This week it was a seal checking out what we were doing. Selina a WWF member didn't care about wildlife and caught the wave anyway, right in the direction of the seal... was not seen thereafter. But Selina had a great surf session!
2 comments:
Well a seal skin jacket is not very politically correct Selina Watch out ;o)
Awesome! I can't wait to go surfing with you guys! Glad she chased off the seal, a good friend of mine from SD has a funny story about seal harassment, it's not a laughing matter. ;)
Post a Comment