Oh and here's another good one about the Americans! Our Spanish friend Yaiza overheard this conversation in the locker room after yoga:
Girl 1: Spain is playing against Switzerland today.
Girl 2: Oh, I didn't know Switzerland is a country!
Girl 1: Yes it is, it's in Scandinavia up in the north of Europe.
Girl 2: And I always thought it's a town in Sweden...
I have to add to that that a lot of Americans do know where Switzerland is but there's still a lot of confusion with Sweden and Swiss, Switzerland and Swedish. But honestly who can place Iowa on a map? Except Roli and Chrigu who just played that video game at the Billard too often.
1 comment:
Well with such a big country and so few vacations it's not so surprising right and it's colder than to be located in Africa (Swaziland) ;o)
Post a Comment