Sunday, 5 September 2010

Shimizu


The last weekend in Kobe was more quite but with more sightseeing and less science and party. We went to Himeji, one of the most beautiful castles of Japan. Unfortunately it is being renovated and access was restricted. Still very impressive. After a last extensive breakfast on Sunday I packed my suitcase and took the train to Shimizu where my family lives. I stayed with them for two nights and even though we couldn't really speak together we had a fun time. I mainly watched Japanese TV shows for kids with the two children of my cousin.

I left them on Tuesday to go to Narita and catch my flight home. I stopped on the way in Tokyo to have lunch and buy new headphones. I then made the mistake to take the train to Narita the town instead of Narita airport. Not a real problem as the airport is near the town but I had to run in the end and was sweating like a pig once more. The shock of the bad food on the flight was even worse this time after all the delicious food in Japan...

No comments:

Blog Archive