Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Switzerland


It was beautiful in Switzerland! I went back home not in winter for the first time since we moved to the US. And I almost forgot how green it can be. One week of fantastic weather and warm temperatures was more than I expected. And here is what happened in Switzerland: Beers at Manis in Thun straight from the train, a long standing tradition with my friend Chrigu to go there the day I get back. The next day I witnessed and signed the wedding of the same Chrigu and his now wife Christine. This was the real reason I went back home. We also had a bachelor party, which was a long night with friends but without embarrassing games or strippers. Saw my grandparents twice, went to Basel to stay with Selina's parents and cats.



Gave a talk at the University of Basel, at the Swiss Tropical Institute. Spent a night in Chexbres with Isabel and André, friends of Selina in one of the most beautiful apartments I've ever been.


Gave a talk at the University of Lausanne and finally had the "real" wedding of Chrigu and Christine in the church of Steffisburg, followed by a big party in Thun. And I saw many friends in between for a coffee or a beer or just a chat on the street. It was very intense but also very nice. I will come back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was a great time with you! Hope to see you soon again - you are welcome anytime in Chexbres. Bisous, i & a

Blog Archive