I'm not sure whether I mentioned that I played another small concert with my French friend Christophe. Acoustic set at a little cafe on a Friday night. I really enjoyed this, especially as we had Kirk playing drums and percussion. Note the picture in the background. Cows in Mürren!
Last Monday was 4th of July or Independence Day. We had a very unique experience this year. I can honestly say that it was my best 4th so far. Our former upstairs neighbor Ben sells boats. So he invited us to join him and his girlfriend on a motor yacht to cruise the bay and then go to the downtown marina to watch the fireworks. I have always admired the big yachts in the marinas and envied the people sitting on their boats sipping white wine. For one day we got to do exactly that! Even better, I got to drive the 800,000$ yacht across the bay and felt like a 10 year old. At the marina we were joined by a potential customer whose boat burned out the week before. While I was a little suspicious at first I quickly changed my opinion and enjoyed the company of the rich people. Yes, they have enough money to buy a yacht but other than that they were just as normal as we are... I put together some picture of that beautiful day.
I can also add some other pictures. One from Selina's outdoor kitchen in preparation of our last party that I wrote about in the last post. Life in California...
I think I mentioned my birthday lunch at the Korean restaurant. Maybe I didn't. One of my new favorites is Korean BBQ. So delicious and I love all the little side dishes! Our grad student Nan was as excited as I was.

So long and have a good week!
3 comments:
Cows in Mürren, lol:
http://www.google.ch/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://seeingdesign.com/images/Switzerland-murren-cows.jpg&sa=X&ei=hJsaTseXNIOUOubE7fUI&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG6o_XAgUrJps5m75QidDkf8l-bdQ
Cheers to the USofA
Hey Bro that's really cool gig + Jam session and Korean BBQ what else ;o)
Sorry I forgot to register before to put the above comment ;o)
Post a Comment