Two eventful weeks. I am officially one year older. We had a magnificent quadruple birthday party at our place last Saturday. 4 friends, 4 birthdays within one week. We had more than 50 people over, a lot of delicious food, drinks, games and most importantly a lot of fun! Good times. Not so good times the next day on my actual birthday but absolutely worth it.
Work is going well. I "discovered" some interesting things that will allow me to submit my paper again in the next few weeks. After that I might leave the lab pretty soon, as my fellowship ends and the lab is a little tight on money. Me being the "senior" with a completed project will be the one who has to leave first. And it's not that I don't want to leave. There's no point in staying around trying to get something else together, which might never happen. The best time to leave a lab is after you publish a great story. For me that might be after I submit a great story but that would be ok too. I am trying to work out something with Selina's boss so that I could join the Winzeler lab for a while and get back into the malaria business. We will see very soon! And I'm looking for "real" jobs at the same time. In Switzerland and here in California.
Work is going well. I "discovered" some interesting things that will allow me to submit my paper again in the next few weeks. After that I might leave the lab pretty soon, as my fellowship ends and the lab is a little tight on money. Me being the "senior" with a completed project will be the one who has to leave first. And it's not that I don't want to leave. There's no point in staying around trying to get something else together, which might never happen. The best time to leave a lab is after you publish a great story. For me that might be after I submit a great story but that would be ok too. I am trying to work out something with Selina's boss so that I could join the Winzeler lab for a while and get back into the malaria business. We will see very soon! And I'm looking for "real" jobs at the same time. In Switzerland and here in California.
1 comment:
Happy birthday, although delayed...and may the force be with you young padawan!
All the best on your ongoing conquest and I wish you lots of opportunities in your future!
Post a Comment