No time to write a post last weekend... Too busy with social events. Thursday night I played again at the French cafe in honor of Bastille day. It's actually quite popular here in the US. Friday was spontaneous happy hour after work, which turned into a full night out with friends. I love these Fridays where you just let things flow and decide on the go. A really good way to end the work week and transition into the weekend. Saturday was the real Bastille day party at our French friend's place. Fantastic party with afternoon Bocce, great food, dancing etc.
On Sunday I applied for several jobs and I was so focused that I didn't realize how I sit... Bad, very bad! I stood up and felt my back a little bit. Not too bad. We then left home as we were invited for diner. On the way we passed by the lab so that Selina could feed her parasites and I fed my boss' fish. I could barely get out of the car! We did go to our friend's place for diner but I was hardly able to move. In bed all Monday. Shortly to the lab to pick up some work on Tuesday and only Wednesday I was able to go to work. Still with quite some pain I couldn't sit for longer than 30 minutes. Now I'm feeling almost normal again and I try to do some light exercise and move as much as possible. Today for example we went to a free concert in a park close to us. Beautiful view over the ocean all the way to downtown San Diego. And we have never seen that many kids and dogs!
The music was ok but it was nice to be amongst local families. After a while you get quite fed up with all the tourists who fill the bars in summer. I guess that's when you consider yourself a local. And I will always try to keep that in mind for future travel: Even in a holiday destination there are actual people who live there and go to work every day. Pacific Beach might be an extreme example as it is something like a Ballermann of the United States... On the other hand it's nice to live in a place where people come for a few days from far away :)
No comments:
Post a Comment