Monday, 7 November 2011

100 pushups against malaria

We have embarked on a challenge to be able to do 100 pushups in 6 weeks. 
It's actually quite fun and I honestly don't believe that it's possible. But we are trying hard! The 200 sit-ups sounds even more unrealistic to me but I give it a try too. For Selina it's more the other way round: 100 Pushups? Never!
I do enjoy working on malaria again. Something a little closer to a "real" world problem. What does that have to do with the pushup challenge? Nothing. Just sounded good for the title of the blog. I'm also engaged in other things to help fight diseases and health problems. Movember is the month where I traditionally grow a mustache to raise money for prostate cancer research. I'm sure many of you know by now. Yes, I'm doing it again this year and donations are very welcome! Any amount is great and will contribute to a good cause. You can use the link below and donate (anonymously if you prefer) to me or our Scripps team by credit card, Pay Pal or cheque.
Donate as little as $1 and you will own one hair of my mustache! Technically at least. Movember seems to be my month of charity. I had the honor to play an acoustic gig with my friend Christophe. Same show like we do every few months but this time with a cover that we donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Christophe works on diabetes and his work (GNF aka Novartis) always participates in a walk to cure diabetes. He decided to organize a concert to sponsor the GNF team. We had a lot of people coming and raised almost $1000 and had a great night with friends. Big success! 
Time to go to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night last night. I realized that something was funny with the light. You know how you can see light changing even when your eyes are closed. So I opened my eyes and found that the street was filled with firetrucks and ambulance... I call this a healthy sleep! There was a fire in a house across the street. Couldn't see any flames so we went back to bed thinking that it was a false alarm but read in the news this morning that it was not. A fire caused by the heater. Yes, it's gotten pretty chilly these days. We even had a full day of rain. Yes, not just an hour but an ENTIRE day!

1 comment:

Jipes said...

Curious to see if you can make it 100 pushups is quite hard ;o) As for the benefit concert I tip my hat to both of you that's a real nice thing !

On Monday I thought of you while watching Chargers against the Packers really a nice match. Big kisses to Selina !