Monday, 25 October 2010

Wine tasting, food and alternator


Back to normality... I don't consider a sinus inflammation normal. It was actually not bad. Recurring one-sided headache is not a good indication. Went to see a doctor for the first time since we are here. It was not migraines, I can tell from experience. So he diagnosed an inflammation of on sinus and give me a prescription for some fun painkillers! Pain was gone and mood perfect. Impressive what drugs can do.
Friday night was big invitation from my lab for all the help during the conference we organized. Unfortunately, our car broke down on the road to the restaurant. Alternator broken, so the car just slowly dies while we were driving. Had to call roadside assistance and have our car towed. Luckily we have insurance for that so the tow truck driver gave us a ride to the restaurant and then dropped off our car at the garage next to where we live. Only problem I had to be at the garage on Saturday morning at 7... Everything fixed and running by 11. Just in time to go wine tasting!
It was the birthday party of our Spanish friend Yaiza. We were 12 friends, one stretch Hummer limo and plenty of wineries in the backcountry of San Diego. Yes, indeed it was fun!


Otherwise still a lot of rain, which is quite unusual for this season. At least the fire danger is not an issue.

3 comments:

Sheerkhan said...

Give me the name of these funny painkillers plz ;)
I'm in pain all of a sudden ;)
Wish you all the best!

cheers

Jipes said...

Too bad for the car, hope that it will last still quite a bit ! Lots of rain apparently howdy we were extremely lucky with the weather !

Trix said...

I think it is time for me to drive down to truck.

Blog Archive