Tuesday, 9 October 2007

H&S

I am lazy I know! But I got an excuse: Last week we had our first visitors from Switzerland! Henri and Simone from Basel stayed with us for one week. Henri had a congress in San Diego so they took advantage of this and extended the stay to make holidays. Good idea! Although Selina and I had to work we had a very good time with our guests. H&S were very much into animals and spent most of their holidays in the zoo and at the wild animal park... lucky they didn't keep them! In the evening we got the summary of the days activities over a nice meal, either cooked by our guests or at some of the fanciest restaurants of San Diego. Thanks to H&S we could enjoy Rösti and Bratwurst (incl. Zibelesauce) with a real Swiss beer! Unfortunately only the beer was Swiss but the local potatoes are the same and the sausages not too bad. Yes Miri, the OLMA Bratwurst is way better!
Then we also had a very short visit from Nakul, a friend from the Swiss Tropical Institute. He was on the way to Arizona and spent an afternoon with us at the beach and on our porch. Always nice to hear gossip from Switzerland!
Otherwise I am still under the influence of the Tommy Emmanuel concert. I have a book with some of his songs and I will grow some more gray hair before being able to play an entire song... During the day I am attending the La Jolla Immunology Conference and get to know the local immunology community. Very good meeting and nice to meet all those people. Selina? I guess she should tell herself! And you can tell her by using the poll function in the upper right corner.

3 comments:

Jipes Blues said...

Don't worry with your guitar skills it will grow over and over. Think a bit about the time that Tommy will need to master a 8 color FACS machine ;o)

I like the way he "jazzify" the tune of Merle Travis which is a real country fingerpicking icone in the U.S

Anonymous said...

ich hab ja starke gefühle für graue haare.....

Shinji said...

falls das proportional zur anzahl grauer haare ist, dann wirst du mich vergöttern... ;-)

Blog Archive