
Some of you may have read it somewhere in the news: A swimmer died after a shark attack (probably a ~5m long great white) in Solana Beach last Friday. This is about 20km from where we live. It is very unusual to have shark attacks in Southern California. There are great white sharks off the coast of San Diego and yes, there are seals and sea lions, their favorite food. But normally attacks happen rather in Northern California. As sad and impressive the news were, we went surfing anyway and tried not to think about the things underneath too much.
We heard that Switzerland had a very nice weekend with warm spring weather. Same was true here, only that it was almost too hot already: 33°C! The thing is that the ocean is still pretty cold and a bath is veeery refreshing. And I hate cold water, meaning I fry on the beach for hours until I can convince myself too cool down in the sea. What we enjoy most during these hot days are the warm nights. So nice to sit on the porch in the evening, drinking Mojito, having a nice diner and end it with a "Ragusa" and tea or coffee! God, in Switzerland I never realized how damn good some of the Swiss chocolate is!
Last night we went to see the new Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie. Very disappointing! I would not recommend it to anyone. Some good martial arts scenes and some fun with Jackie but nothing new. Just a remix of Crouching Tiger, Karate Kid and Lord of the Rings.
We heard that Switzerland had a very nice weekend with warm spring weather. Same was true here, only that it was almost too hot already: 33°C! The thing is that the ocean is still pretty cold and a bath is veeery refreshing. And I hate cold water, meaning I fry on the beach for hours until I can convince myself too cool down in the sea. What we enjoy most during these hot days are the warm nights. So nice to sit on the porch in the evening, drinking Mojito, having a nice diner and end it with a "Ragusa" and tea or coffee! God, in Switzerland I never realized how damn good some of the Swiss chocolate is!
Last night we went to see the new Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie. Very disappointing! I would not recommend it to anyone. Some good martial arts scenes and some fun with Jackie but nothing new. Just a remix of Crouching Tiger, Karate Kid and Lord of the Rings.
2 comments:
Most important news from Switzerland: The world-famous Young Boys frome Berne are ahead of Swiss Super League.
Take a sip! Bue.
S&S please take care! Enjoy life and hope to see you once during summer (coming to switzerland?)...
Post a Comment