Lots of driving this week. Wednesday I had to drive up north to Santa Paula, also called the citrus capital of the world. Santa Paula is north of LA, 300km from San Diego. One of our lasers from the flow was not performing as it should, so I had to take it up there. I have to say that driving through LA is never fun. But, 6, 7-lane freeways don't scare me anymore, it's just 2 lanes more than down here... Seriously, the street and freeway system in the US is something you have to get used to. Know where to look for street signs, the traffic lights are after the intersection and Selina has still problems with the fact that she never knows where east and west are. This is a problem when you have to choose between I-8 west or east (a freeway like A1 in Switzerland). And normally you have five lanes to cross and 5 seconds left before the exit. Exit signs never tell you where you are but just the name of the street. Nothing like Thun-Süd and Thun-Nord. Rather Allmendstrasse or Hauptstrasse. Not always useful.
Now Selina wants to go and eat ice cream. I added some more pictures from our time with Steffi and I will try to write again more often.
Now Selina wants to go and eat ice cream. I added some more pictures from our time with Steffi and I will try to write again more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment