Saturday, 31 January 2009

Now I understand

I'm relieved and I understand. Relived because I finished my fellowship application for the Swiss National Science Foundation. I had to write a 10-page proposal to convince the SNF to grant me a fellowship for another 2 years at Scripps. We will see... For the moment that burden is off my back and I have more time to do other things.
I understand why the US car industry struggles. We gave our good old Subaru to my sister and boyfriend to explore the national parks in the east. They are now exploring the area around Lake Powell and want to move on to Monument Valley, Grand Canyon and if the conditions allow it come back via Las Vegas. Some of these parks are at high altitudes and there can be snow in winter. In the meantime we have rented a car. It's a Chevy Cobalt (not sure). Feels like Fisher Price for adults. I know that most cars in our price range have a lot of plastic but this plastic feels even cheaper. Horrible car! But who cares. We can move.
Not much going on wavewise. After some nice days with a good swell the ocean decided to stay calm and let me focus on my work. Tonight we will have a Fondue party and right now we go and buy a grill. San Diego has BBQ weather all year round!
Have a good week and I'll try to post picture this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice week Brotha Shinji !

Sheerkhan said...

Enjoy the Barbecue, we are stuck in snow again :)
About the cars, I know what you mean, even if we owned a Smart, we had a better "feeling" in our Plastic-Swatch-Cabrio than in the rental car of our Florida Holidays.
Too bad, cars are so important and this industry will eventually take down lots of other businesses...
Take care u 2 :)

Blog Archive