Monday, 2 March 2009

California Wildlife

I had an encounter so fascinating that it is worthwhile for me to write a post! After seeing some dolphins (they are as common as deer in Switzerland) and some whales (more like alpine ibexes (Steinboecke)) on the weekend I saw a rattler this morning! On my way from GNF back to Scripps I saw a security guard staring into the bushes and of course I had to inquire what was going on. She pointed under some bush just a couple of yards away and there it was, a true beauty, wagging her tail furiously making some quite impressive noise: a rattlesnake! Unfortunately it didn't appreciate our interest and took off .I went straight to the lab where I spent the next hour or so trying to find out which specific rattle snake it has been. I think it was a South Pacific rattlesnake and now I know why there are so many "caution rattlesnakes" signs around GNF.

1 comment:

Shinji said...

Incredible! Selina has written a post!

Blog Archive