Thursday, 19 March 2009

Wrap up

Ok, I realize my posts were a little thin recently. Here is some more about the last few days: Our BBQ on Saturday was (in our eyes) a big success. We cooked the whole day to feed more than 40 people. Surprisingly there was not too much food left over even though everyone had to bring his own meat or veggie burger. The party was over when I fell asleep on the couch at 3am and Selina and the last guests started cleaning. I mean that really sound like a big success, doesn't it? Sunday was a little slow but I even managed to go to the lab and put together some data for my boss who was on a malaria meeting at the NIH in Washington.
Monday was networking day. Peter Agre the Nobel Laureate was actually pretty fun. Not that he told us anything exceptionally new but it was a very enjoyable lunch. And of course it turned out that he and Selina have common friends. One of his science and private friends is Andreas Engel from the Biozentrum in Basel who happens to be the father of one of Selina's best friends. So they were chatting about Selina's godson... And she still keeps saying that I should be the one with the career!
Tuesday night we went to the gym like every Tuesday and I hated it like every Tuesday. But I have to say that it's quite entertaining to watch the strong boys and beauties (or that's what they think they are) work out. Wonder how many will end up with back problems?
Tomorrow I will have the most exciting experiment in my postdoc career so far. We shall see! On the weekend we will go to the desert to see the wildflowers... again! But there is no escape and I ordered a new lens for my camera so that there's something for me too. I'm just afraid that it will not arrive in time. So long folks!

No comments:

Blog Archive