Sunday, 19 July 2009

Gay Pride

Wow, that was an active weekend!
I start with Saturday, the gay day of our weekend. You have probably all heard about the gay pride, which is a parade raising attention for the rights of the homosexuals in our community. The pride is a worldwide thing and San Diego had it this weekend. As we totally support this cause we went for breakfast with our gay friends in Hillcrest, the gay neighborhood of San Diego. I wonder whether I can write a post with the word gay in every sentence... Bon, who was the boyfriend of Eddie who was a postdoc in our lab invited us for his traditional gay pride brunch. It was delicious! So many good things. He started cooking the night before and got up at 6 to have everything ready.


After that we went to see the parade. Very interesting mix: Homosexuals demonstrating for their rights in the society, random companies (travel agencies, hairdressers etc.) advertising their business with their solidarity with the gay community, politicians waving from convertible cars (Cabrio) and churches where gays are welcome. Sort of a gay street parade. We didn't stay too long as the sun was frying our brains.
Sunday was surfing day. I'll write about that during the week when I have pictures.

No comments:

Blog Archive