Saturday, 4 July 2009

Late update on my birthday BBQ

I know it's already 1 week but a busy one. We had a great BBQ last Saturday, celebrating my 33 years on the planet. As always it was a great success thanks to all our friends who know how to party! We had lots of food and drinks and once more I have to say that our apartment with porch and patio is just a jewel. Perfect for this kind of get together. We bought the biggest pork tenderloin (filet) I have ever seen: 4kg for 16$... And it was good! Bruno was a great grill master and for once I really tried to participate in the cooking and serving. Normally I'm too busy and unreliable letting the garlic bread burn in the oven etc. Sunday was a little slow but we didn't have to clean too much.
The start of the week was very busy. I had lab meeting to prepare and a big experiment the day before. The same day we wanted to go and see CCR at the fair. For those who haven't seen Selina's comment, the concert was on Tuesday.
Thursday. Dentist appointment after lab meeting! I don't know whether I have written about our lab meetings before. They start at 8.30 and end at 12. Housekeeping, talking about administrative and technical stuff, then one presentation. This is serious stuff and quite formal. So presenting in lab meeting AND the first dentist appointment in more than 2 years is really something. I had my first cleaning and have to say that it is not exactly what I call pleasant but I have no problem going back in 6 month. I actually have to go back before to get some fillings and I should see an orthodontic surgeon to get some wisdom teeth removed... What a pleasure! The good part is that our benefits (Krankenversicherung) by Scripps includes dental insurance. So I better get things done before going back to Switzerland.
Today is 4th of July the national independence day and we are soon off to the beach to see the crowds!

No comments:

Blog Archive