Monday, 19 December 2011

Hawaii the end

For the last (1/2) day we had one last thing on our to do list. Snorkeling at Kealakekua bay. That's THE spot to go snorkeling. On the way there we realized that it will not happen. To get to the right spot it's either a 2 hour hike or a 30 minute kayak ride. Not enough time with a 2pm flight... We chose to snorkel at a small beach in the same bay and were not disappointed at all. There were a lot of corals and fish and we saw everything from all the colorful reef fish to moray eel, sleeping white tip reef sharks to sea turtle. I discovered the sharks when I was swimming over a ledge. Behind it was a patch of sand where the two sharks were sleeping. They were not big, maybe 2m and we were curious enough to dive down and check them out. We spent almost two hours snorkeling before we hurried back to the hotel to get our bags and go to the airport. We arrived back home after midnight with a lot of great memories and a lot of pictures. I have now even managed to upload some of them.

1 comment:

jipes said...

Great Trip, it was surely a great experience I would love to go to Polynesia but it's so damn expensive :o(

BTW great game of the Chargers and Rivers against the Ravens not an easy team to compete ! Kisses to Selina

Blog Archive