Monday, 21 July 2008

Fet. Nat.

As a long standing tradition (second time since we arrived in San Diego) the Swiss were attending the only official celebration of the French and Belgian national holiday in San Diego. As usual, the crowd was loud! The ceremony took place at the Altitude Sky Bar. and I think the pictures speak for themselves. Click on the slide show if you want to see the photo album at Picasa.

Need more? If you want some: Saturday afternoon I went for a great surf session with a biologist friend who came down from Irvine (close to LA). We met at the conference I attended in Phoenix. I discovered that summer longboard feeling some of you might know from the old surfing movies. No high-performance radical shortboard moves but just relaxed riding, preferentially on the nose of a longboard. No no, you don't have to be jealous it's not as much fun as it looks ;-)

Sunday was beach day, more surfing and delicious BBQ with Amy and Michi. And just for those of you who forgot and think we only have fun: Monday morning journal club at 8:30.

No comments:

Blog Archive