I just arrived in time at the airport to pick up the scientists after our lab had a welcome happy hour for our new postdoc Kurt. Selina came with Chrigu and KW, friends from Basel who were also at the meeting in Woods Hole. We got briefed on all the gossip from the Tropeninstitut and our friends there. We spent the weekend surfing and drove them around in our new hometown. On Sunday we went for an elegant diner to the Hotel del Coronado. Fine dining with a view of the sunset over the Pacific. Monday they left for a road trip and Selina went back to work. I was picked up by Michi on the way to LA where he works. He dropped me off at the Hilton LAX where Christoph & Christine were waiting for me. They had arrived from Switzerland the day before.
1 comment:
I'm sure you had a ball together !
Post a Comment