Sunday, 18 October 2009

Woods Hole Malaria meeting

What can I say? Going to Woods Hole is always fun! It is really nice to catch up with the crew from the Swiss Tropical Institute as well as with some other friends from around the world. As I was only presenting a poster I didn't have to be nervous and I could enjoy the meeting. The days are packed with science and the nights with more science and some beers at the Captain Cook.
I shared a room with KW and we had lot's of time to talk and gossip. The food was not too bad either although the coffee really gets to you after a couple of days. After the conference Chrigu, KW and I spent a night in Boston before we all came to San Diego. We thought that finding a nice little cheap hotel would be a piece of cake but it turned out to be quite difficult. In the end Shinji had to play our agent and start looking up hotels for us from San Diego. We found a nice one in the end but we had to pay for it as well. After enjoying the nice hotel room for a while recovering our strength from the exhausting conference we went to have dinner with Christof, Esther and her friend in an Italian Restaurant.
The next day we spent shopping and exploring Boston before we headed to the airport just in time to catch our flight.

No comments:

Blog Archive