Another week older, more grey hair, more nice memories and funny stories. First things first: At work I start to have all the pieces together to start my proposed project. I'm not gonna discuss this in detail here. Not all my blog readers are nerds like me... If you want to know more about the lab, check out our homepage in the link list.
Besides working I spent a lot of time with my French friends Nico and Lucile (also known as Mr. and Mrs. Pink). I really enjoy your company guys! Awesome! The weekend we went together to Big Bear, where Nadège (our other French postdoc) had organized her birthday party. Big Bear is a ski resort 150 miles north-east of San Diego and easy to find: Drive up the steep interstate 15 (4WD comes in handy), pass the airport with the old planes, then the rusty dinosaurs and after the mamooth make a U-turn and turn left in Riverside. Questions? Anyway, we arrived late but we arrived and had a party in the woods of Big Bear. Nice cabins with Jacuzzi, where the party ended. Sunday was a little tough and we decided to take the short cut back to San Diego without the mamooth detour. Sunday was the first day I have seen rain since 4 month. Glad I had an umbrella in the car... Back in San Diego the sun was shining and I refreshed body and soul in the ocean, before reading the paper for todays journal club (8:30).
Now I can't wait the arrival of Selina on Thursday! San Diego is a lot of fun but it's even better when you can share it with someone. I know, I know... I could share it more often with you on this blog! Should be possible as soon as I don't have to do the dishes anymore ;-)
Stay tuned and I am always happy to get news and gossip from Switzerland! And feel free to call me, send text messages, postcards etc.
Besides working I spent a lot of time with my French friends Nico and Lucile (also known as Mr. and Mrs. Pink). I really enjoy your company guys! Awesome! The weekend we went together to Big Bear, where Nadège (our other French postdoc) had organized her birthday party. Big Bear is a ski resort 150 miles north-east of San Diego and easy to find: Drive up the steep interstate 15 (4WD comes in handy), pass the airport with the old planes, then the rusty dinosaurs and after the mamooth make a U-turn and turn left in Riverside. Questions? Anyway, we arrived late but we arrived and had a party in the woods of Big Bear. Nice cabins with Jacuzzi, where the party ended. Sunday was a little tough and we decided to take the short cut back to San Diego without the mamooth detour. Sunday was the first day I have seen rain since 4 month. Glad I had an umbrella in the car... Back in San Diego the sun was shining and I refreshed body and soul in the ocean, before reading the paper for todays journal club (8:30).
Now I can't wait the arrival of Selina on Thursday! San Diego is a lot of fun but it's even better when you can share it with someone. I know, I know... I could share it more often with you on this blog! Should be possible as soon as I don't have to do the dishes anymore ;-)
Stay tuned and I am always happy to get news and gossip from Switzerland! And feel free to call me, send text messages, postcards etc.
6 comments:
Sound good Brother ! C'est bon de voir que tu francise a fond les gamelles, belle escapade montagneuse en tous cas ! Plein de gros bisous à Sélina ! Je vais changer les cordes de ta Lespaul ce week end et la sortir un peu ca lui fera du bien !
du fehlst hier. niemand geht mehr in die mensa, der tütsche hat sich schon aufgeregt...
kissis kiwi
oh yea, and thanks for the green mustang, godfather!
Got you KW! That's a charger not a mustang.
ja du kannst mich auch mal! da siehst du, wie ich so klugscheissern wie dir einfach immer alles abnehme!
Jipes, that's just fair that I'm becoming French, as you are quite Swiss already...
Post a Comment