Sunday, 12 August 2007

Weekend

Hi friends out there! Friday night was wild: First we had a little happy hour welcome party for our new postdoc Eddie at the Crab Catcher in La Jolla. We had a really good time untill Tiffany came up with the idea of counting the Margaritas on the bill... Later I went to a club in Solana Beach, the Belly Up. Very nice club, where I joined Michi and Amy and their crew. One of their friends played that night with his band Daredevil Jane. Old school punk rock. Was cool. Saturday was French BBQ at Nico and Luciles place. I enjoyed a beautiful diner and practiced my French. Thanks guys! Lazy Sunday on the beach, reading and napping. On the way home I bumped into Michi and Amy and we had apero on my porch. Always very nice!
Ukulele is the instrument my first/second grade teacher "Fräulein Riesen" played when we were singing. When I found Jake Shimabukuro I had to revise my opinion about this instrument! Enjoy and have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hy Shinji

Nice videos! I tried to play it too, but it wasn't that easy. So i'm now watching the clawhammer video and begin with the ticketacke style.

Greetings from the Thuner alp, Peet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSlmEZUtROo

Anonymous said...

Die Verbindung hier in der Nordheide ist etwas langsam. Dennoch scheint mir die Ukulele beeindruckender zu klingen, wenn man sie ohne Blumenband am Flughafen spielt. Grüsse vom Brunsberg

Blog Archive