Monday, 20 August 2007

Work

Today I finally had the results from my first single cell sorting experiment. You remember, I described this in an earlier post. The confirmation that you have really sorted the right cells is done by PCR and sequencing of a gene specific for your cell type. In my case this is the rearranged B cell receptor (or antibody). I was very happy to get an 80% efficiency in my PCR, meaning that I was able to amplify part of the BCR mRNA in 8 out of 10 single cells. Might sound kind of weird to non-lab persons but this is what keeps us going! No, it's not only sun and surf... I really enjoy the work in the lab. Now I have most parts and pieces in place and can start working on my specific project.
I started removing old photo albums from the blog but you can still access them by clicking the link in the list below the albums.
If you have any suggestions or wishes concerning contents or layout of the blog, please let me know!
Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superbe cette vidéo Shinji ! Pour le job content d'apprendre que ca se passe bien même si je n'etait pas trop inquiet pour toi !

Blog Archive