Now that you have seen a picture from our commute to work, I can show you a picture from work. Yes, we still spend a lot of time there but we try to keep it to reasonable hours. The last nine month were a constant "emergency". There was always something that was urgent and had to be done for a deadline or as fast as possible. That's ok for a while but too much at some point and one easily starts to loose perspective. The famous work-life balance was not very balanced any more... But that's enough complaining, here's the picture:

For those of you who are lab rats this is a FACS Aria III (serial number 001, meaning the first in the world) state of the art flow cytometry sorter, for all the others an expensive box with (friggin') lasers inside hooked to a computer with a normal and a giant screen. The whole thing is the cost of a Ferrari but you cannot really impress any one in the street.
And here's what I do when I'm not at work, which was not very often over the passed months.

My Fender Tele American Standard. I couldn't resist buying it. I then of course also had to buy an amp to play it and decided that a small and cheap Marshall would do it and later decided that I should buy a better amp... One of these famous projects that seems to be linked to the Y chromosome. Men have to have projects. Things they want to buy and study for weeks or months and maybe never coming to a decision. I remember my dad always having car catalogs to study new cars. Being asked whether we need one he would answer no but he has to keep himself informed... Aha! So my project was a better amp and materialized into a Fender Blues Jr. limited edition bought second hand. Fantastic sound and the only problem is that I should play more often.
1 comment:
You should bring the amp in the FACS room and play your guitar while the cell are sorted ;o)
Good news the Mojo CD is out and New Orleans was fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!
Kisses to lovely Selina !
Post a Comment