Friday, 6 July 2007

DMV

Today I did another round of annoying administration. Had to apply for my Californian drivers licence and do the written test. Slowly getting used to those things. Standing in line, waiting patiently etc. But today that lady scared me to death! I had to present all my papers: passport, visa, social security number (a US thing I was waiting for 9 weeks!). After going through all of it she told me that first name/middle name do not match on all documents and they will not be able to issue a licence. I should go to the social security office and have the name on the card changed. NO WAY!!! My silent curses and prayers were heard by the computer system and the lady was surprised that the system accepted all my documents. Uffff!!! So we were both happy untill I told here that I do not have enough cash to pay the fee. You should have seen her face... Go get money and start again in the back of the line! Shhhhit! But somehow she had a good day or is not the usual cold-hearted woman working at an official counter. She told me to come straight back to her counter! I did that, passed the exam and brought her some flowers. She was really touched and I hope she will treat everyone like me from now on. Evening surf-cook-blog-sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schlitzohr! SSS "Wasli"

Shinji said...

Hab die Blumen erst NACHHER gekauft! Schlitzauge ja, Schlitzohr nein...

Blog Archive